Saturday, October 18, 2014

This Week

.
The week started with a not-very-productive visit to the San Jacinto Monument. The mosquitoes were horrific while birds were not numerous. Among the few birds that were close enough to photograph were a couple of dozen American White Pelicans.











Birds were also scarce on the CyFair campus. Well, most birds. As usual Northern Mockingbirds were extremely plentiful, like this one that I thought looked pretty as it posed against the moon.


I'm enjoying every look I get at Scissor-tailed Flycatchers because it won't be long before they disappear from our area for the winter. I'll miss them.


Luckily, while winter drives some species out of our area, it brings us many more species. There has already been a significant rise in the number of Red-tailed Hawks I see on my daily commute. 





.

No comments: