Monday, February 08, 2016

Last Week at CyFair

.
Most of last week my birding was limited to a 10-minute look around the staff parking lot on the CyFair campus.

As usual this time of year, there are normally several hundred Cedar Waxwings somewhere nearby.



They look particularly beautiful in the dawn light.
 


As often as not, an American Robin or two will tag along with the Waxwing flock.



One of our resident Red-tailed Hawks has been perching near the parking lot lately, surveying the clearing work that is going on preparatory to the construction of a new building.





While the most common warblers on the campus are Yellow-rumped Warblers, I also run into quite a few Pine Warblers.



This one sang me a very pretty song.


But then it decided to moon me before flying off!



We rarely have woodpeckers on the campus and so the other morning I was pleased to see that the male Downy Woodpecker which arrived a few weeks ago was still here. 



I was even more pleased a minute later, when I saw that he now had a mate.
. 

2 comments:

Anne Hagman-Niilola said...

Amazing pictures from beautiful birds.

Jeff said...

Thank you.